Reviews for Construction 101
Instructors: Darlene South and Kurt Dietrich, Kreate Architecture & Design Ltd.
Class of 2016
All but one student rated the course five out five. One student rated the course overall a six, two assigned 10’s.
Favorite parts of the course
- Overall, I really enjoyed the course
- The instructor
- Found the notes condensed the material, were repetitive to help understand
- I liked everything
- Going through the bidding process, this was a great way to understand how the bidding process works, adding in liens helped a lot
- Particularly useful being a general all of the course applies to my company
- Knowing when you are legally in a contract
- Tender process
- The test wasn’t multiple choice, when you have to write, you remember more
What did you like least
- Reading the chapters
- When the course ended
- One recommended a change, shorten the course to two days
- Good overview of the industry, really enjoyed my time, learning was engaging and challenging
- Really enjoyed the course, lots of information to keep studying, it will be necessary for my company
- Great education
- Knowledge of all aspects of bidding and contract law
- Definitely important for all construction guys
Class of 2015
All of the reviews were rated excellent, very relevant and useful.
This course helped me to understand all aspects of the industry. What role owners have, to issues manufacturers and suppliers see. Great course! Enjoyed all the information and now understand the bidding process and design methods.
What did you like best about the course? We read, listened, and saw the material, wrote it out as well, so the info really stuck. Doing the quizzes at the end of each chapter and discussing the answers was helpful in remembering the material.
I have learned so much in this course! It should be mandatory for new employees. It was very engaging and there was lots of discussion. I felt safe asking questions. The instructor is a fantastic teacher, very clear and patient.
The breadth of material covered was exceptional and the tying it together was very well done. Starting in the industry as our advocate, the material was invaluable.
The run through of contract law, bidding and practical construction business prior to any actual construction was both thorough and exceptionally enlightening.
It was geared to our work, it was worth my time and will help me better relate to members.
All students would recommend this course to others.