Cost Control and Budgeting for Site Supervisors
Instructor: Dr. Moe Elbarkouky, Ph.D., P.Eng., PMP, Project Management Training Solutions Ltd.
Course Duration: One Day
When: Thursday, November 8, 2018, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Where: RCA Training Room
Member Cost: $350.00 (+GST)
Non-member Cost: $550.00 (+GST)
Early-bird registrations, received ten (10) days prior to the course date, will receive a reduced rate of $50.00 per full day.
Early-bird Date: October 29, 2018
Registration Deadline: November 1, 2018
Course Description One Gold Seal Point
Superintendents, coordinators, supervisors, and trade individuals have a lot to worry about when it comes to cost planning and controlling their project budgets. They need to plan their project costs, prepare budgets, and allocate the costs to the proper cost codes in order to track project deadlines and budgets through proper forecasting and enhanced project cost management tools and techniques. Construction Project Budgeting and Cost Control for site supervisors is a one-day hands on training course that is designed to provide you with essential knowledge and tools to improve your skills and capabilities for proper budgeting and cost control of your project. The course explains the theory and tools for construction cost planning, budgeting, and cost control using hands on training exercises.
The objective of this course is to develop the skills and knowledge required to effectively plan and control construction project budgets. This course will provide the participants with the essential tools and techniques necessary to effectively plan and control a project budget and the participants will be able to immediately apply those project management principles back at work.
Create a step-by-step approach for effective cost planning and control to complete multiple construction project tasks on budget.
- Demonstrate the concepts, techniques, and tools of cost planning and control
- Prepare a cost management plan
- Apply different approaches to develop a proper cost breakdown structure, as an essential element of project cost estimation and cost control
- Improve your estimation capabilities of project costs and understand the elements of a typical project budget
- Establish performance measurement cost baselines
- Improve overall project management tracking and cost control functions
- Control project costs through special methods, tools, and techniques, such as variance analysis and Earned Value Method
- Apply risk and contingency management tools to your budget.
- The process of project cost planning and control
- Construction project controllable Costs: Resource, Material, Direct and Indirect costs, Project overheads and contingency
- Identifying sources of change and causes of variances
- Cost Estimating Tools & Techniques
- Cost Estimating Types and Classifications
- The Control Account & Control Account Plan
- Budget Allocation and developing the cost baseline
- Monitoring Progress and Controlling Performance
- Earned value management and forecasting tools
- Cost Reporting and Communicating with Stakeholders
- Training exercises and case studies
Dr. Moe Elbarkouky, PhD, PEng., PMP – Project Management Training Solutions LTD
Dr. Elbarkouky is an expert in construction project management and control. He has more than 20 years of practical experience in his field of practice. He managed and controlled a large number of complex projects in Canada, the U.S., Europe, Africa, and the Middle East. He has extensive experience of oil and gas, power plants, infrastructure, and building construction projects. Dr. Elbarkouky has a Ph.D. in construction engineering and management from the University of Alberta. He is also a Professional Engineer in Alberta and a Project Management Professional (PMP) of the PMI. He is the CEO of a project management training organization that is specialized in teaching professional and academic courses in project management, risk analysis, contract administration, scheduling, cost estimation, and project planning and control in Alberta, Saskatchewan, BC, and NWT.
To Register, Click Here.