Construction Scheduling for Site Supervisors
Instructor: Dr. Moe Elbarkouky, Ph.D., P.Eng., PMP, Project Management Training Solutions Ltd.
Course Duration: One Day
When: Wednesday, November 7, 2018, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Where: RCA Training Room
Member Cost: $350.00 + GST
Non-Member Cost: $550.00 + GST
Early-bird registrations, received ten (10) days prior to the course date, will receive a reduced rate of $50.00 per full day.
Early-bird Date: October 28, 2018
Registration Deadline: October 31, 2018
Course Description One Gold Seal Point
Site supervisors, coordinators, and trade individuals have a lot to worry about when it comes to planning and controlling their day-to-day project tasks. They need to prepare their project schedule and assign resources then track project deadlines through proper forecasting and enhanced scheduling tools and techniques. Construction Scheduling for site supervisors is a one day hands-on training workshop that provides you with essential knowledge and tools to improve your skills and capabilities for proper scheduling and control of the project’s day-to-day tasks. The course explains the theory and application for project scheduling and control using hands-on training exercises.
The objective of this course is to develop the skills and knowledge required to effectively plan, schedule, and control project time, using a case study approach. This course will provide the participants with the essential tools and techniques necessary to effectively plan and control a project schedule. At the end of the day, the participants will be able to immediately apply those project management principles back at work.
Create a step-by-step approach for effective project planning and control to complete multiple project tasks on time.
- Demonstrate the concepts, techniques, and tools of project planning and scheduling onsite
- Apply different approaches to develop a proper work breakdown structure, as an essential element of project scheduling and resource allocation
- Develop a list of project tasks and apply Scheduling Network Diagrams to build a project schedule
- Learn the basic types of task relationships, lags, leads, and floats.
- Apply the concept of the critical path method to your project tasks
- Optimize your schedule using the concepts of resource loading and leveling
- Establish performance measurement time baselines
- Improve overall project time tracking functions
- Apply risk and contingency management tools to your schedule
- Overview of the project management life cycle and the triple constraints
- The concept of Project Planning, scheduling and Control
- Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) as a basis for proper project scoping
- Project Tasks’ Identification
- Network scheduling: Precedence diagrams
- Basic scheduling and network calculations tools
- Advanced precedence relationships and the critical path method
- Alternative constraints
- Gantt and milestone charts
- Time-phased distribution of costs
- Cumulative cost curves and Project baseline
- Updating the project schedule
- Training exercises and case studies
Dr. Moe Elbarkouky, PhD, PEng., PMP – Project Management Training Solutions LTD
Dr. Elbarkouky is an expert in construction project management and control. He has more than 20 years of practical experience in his field of practice. He managed and controlled a large number of complex projects in Canada, the U.S., Europe, Africa, and the Middle East. He has extensive experience of oil and gas, power plants, infrastructure, and building construction projects. Dr. Elbarkouky has a Ph.D. in construction engineering and management from the University of Alberta. He is also a Professional Engineer in Alberta and a Project Management Professional (PMP) of the PMI. He is the CEO of a project management training organization that is specialized in teaching professional and academic courses in project management, risk analysis, contract administration, scheduling, cost estimation, and project planning and control in Alberta, Saskatchewan, BC, and NWT.
To Register Click Here